Thursday, October 8, 2009

A few questions about cutting off a few inches of my hair?

Hellooo :) My hair is naturally wavy/curly and a bit past my shoulders with layers and it is very thick [picture = http://photos-k.ak.facebook.com/photos-a... ... you can kind of tell where my shortest layer is]. It's been that way for YEARS and I am in the process of growing out my hair long, but I really hate my layers, especially when I leave my hair curly.



I've been thinking of cutting the length of my hair off up to my shortest layer, so it would all then be one length and then I will let it grow out that way.



example- http://photos-373.ll.facebook.com/photos... [not the best picture of the person haha, but you get the idea hairwise]



example 2- http://photos-373.ll.facebook.com/photos... [girl on left]



My questions are: 1. Would this be a good idea? 2. About how long do you think that girl's hair is?



A few questions about cutting off a few inches of my hair?

lol, i have about the same kind of hair as you. i think you definatly could cut your hair to the shortest layer if thats what you want to do. i really think it would work. and you just dont want to have a hair cut that you dont like while you wait for it to grow. good luck =)



A few questions about cutting off a few inches of my hair?

yes it would be a good idea because lots of people with your hair type have cut their hair to the shortest layer and it came out great and i think that girl hair is about pass shoulder length



A few questions about cutting off a few inches of my hair?

well i really like the girls hair in the pic (2nd). It is really cute. If you are that concerned about your wavy hair you could buy a straightener and straighten it. I think the girls hair is about 3-5 inches shorter than yours. It would also be cute with a swooping bang like this pic



http://image.jw3.jamspiritsites.com/dunc...



I hope this helps ;)



A few questions about cutting off a few inches of my hair?

Well, just for starters, I also have thick dark brown hair that's naturally curly. It's quite long now but it used to be your length too!



I WOULD NOT recommend cutting it all one length. When you have thick hair, it will look really bulky and not-as-hot as you might want it to be. The example girl in the picture has very thin hair so it looks okay....thick hair will be bulkier and if you have layers, this can balance this affect.



Keep the layers - perhaps ask your hairdresser to use a razor technique while cutting your hair - its where they will use a razor and thin out lots of bulkiness - it will help thin out the super-thickness and it won't be so heavy either. It might be easier for you to style too when its not so thick (mine is anyway).



You could always grow your hair out a bit longer and continue to get trims so you can make your layers longer. With longer hair, the curls/waves will be weighed down and won't curl as much as they would if its shorter.



Hope I made sense, lol. Good luck!



Oh, btw the girl's hair is slightly shorter than yours. If you straightened your hair likes hers, yours would definately be longer than that.



A few questions about cutting off a few inches of my hair?

I love your hair! You are beautiful! Probably any style would look great on you. Give it a try. Hair always grows back.

No comments:

Post a Comment