Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

I trying to figure out what I heard over the years is true.



Cutting hair wet is better. But I seen the Pros cut both ways.



So which is it, Wet is better or is it Dry?



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

Hello!



Speaking as a 20+ year licensed hairstylist/Barber, ALWAYS cut the hair WET if possible. The reason? B-cuz wet hair will give a smoother cut edge, V.S. dry, where flyaways, splitends and uneven results are sure to occur. When cutting wet hair, (especially curly hair,) NEVER pull, or put "too much tension" on the intended section of hair to be cut/trimmed. Pulling also causes hair to "bounce-up" when dry, leaving it looking shorter than intended. And.... ALWAYS section hair off b-4 cutting, follow your "guide", and you should ace it!!!! Good Luck!



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

I'd say wet hair's better to cut because it droops down the actual length of the hair. That way the dresser can cut hair easier.



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

definatley wet...it makes it easier to see what youre actually cutting...it also helps w/ preventing split ends compared to dry cutting



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

I actually have curly hair and I get it cut straight and dry. This way they can easily see the length and the cut that I want. When it is curly, I find that it gets messed up more unless I have somebody that really knows what they are doing. Because I like to style my hair straight though, I prefer dry! Even my hair dresser told me that with my hair, it is better to cut dry! I think it really all depends! If you have straight hair, go ahead and get it cut wet!



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

Wet hair prevents splits/breakages and is easier to cut all together w/o flyaways. Scissors also glide and cut easier over wet hair.



Dry hair takes a while to cut properly. You get flyaways and stuff, but its a cut down on time. Also, you cut the right legnth.



Wet hair is best, but you have to be careful to leave extra legnth. Hair will dry and spring back up to its shape before wet.



Like curls.



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

i reccomend wet



~Kennedy



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

Its funny you ask this because I was just talking about this last week. I have my hair cut wet...I think that it comes out too blunt when its cut dry and don't like it. My cousin happened to be in the salon with me at the same time and she was surprised that my hair was cut wet since she has only ever had her hair cut dry...she has extremely curly hair which makes it difficult to cut when wet, so she gets a haircut when her hair is dry. I think it depends on a stylist (and customers) preference. I refuse to have my hair cut dry and will not allow my stylist to do it...my cousin will not cut her hair when wet because it usually never comes out even (or they wind up cutting too much trying to get it even).



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

WET



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

I would think it would be wet that's how they do it at beauty shop's.even if your hair is dry when you go in they either wet it down or spray it sp it must be wet.



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

Personally, I like to cut hair wet. It assures that all the hair is pretty well the same length and texture. (dry hair, some can be kinky or wavy and straighter on top) After you dry the hair, it tends to do something totally different. That is why I finish or do my detail work on dry hair. (fringe thinning etc..) This ensures a thourough cut and finishes the style. I find that it is the reason why every new client that I see says that it is the best cut that they have ever had. If you've never had a really great cut, then one can't know the difference between good and great. I define a great cut as one that carries a good shape, and doesn't need a lot of coaxing to go into the style you chose. You'll know it as the cut with the least amount of work involved for YOU to style it the way you want it!



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

Actually, It depends on the persons style whether to cut it wet or dry. Its entirely style dependent. Yeah, I do hair. OK great.



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

It depends. Currently I'm a cosmetologist.



Cutting hair dry gives you more control so that you don't have little stray pieces going every where. Also sometimes the smell of someone's hair scalp can get unbearable and you have tol. Also sometimes people, mostly women, have alot of product in their hair so its hard to comb through so you wash it. It just gives me a clean canvas that I can control.



Many times when someone cuts dry its to detail or cut pieces they might have missed when cutting wet. The hair looks ALOT different when its wet vs. dry and you might have to make some adjusments. Also people who have curly hair one side might be more curly than the other so you have to straighten it and then cut it so that when its curly its even.



but it depends on the stylist. Some have a preference some do it for the reasons I have mentioned above.



Cutting Hair...... Wet Vs. Dry?

well it depends fron the hair texture, the hairstylist and the wanted model. When we use siccors we can cut it dry but when we use a razor the hair has to be wet. It is basically what the hairdresser prefers, but wet hair is more "slipper" so it is easier to cut and it doesnt cause any pain to the cliant because blade and siccors slide better.

No comments:

Post a Comment